Thursday, September 1, 2011

Technology Helps

There was a time that I was very upset because of the missing amount of money in my office, that gives me triple times of headaches and heartaches because of the fact that if I can't find who the culprit is, I'm the one who'll be paying the money lost because those are not mine. Those are collection from the dues we have and I was only assigned to collect them. It gave me sleepless nights thinking if the money were misplaced or I commit mistakes in giving the change. This incident took more than a week, and this made me apprehend what’s the real situation is and who is the guilty party.

One day I made myself to be very observant of my surroundings to observe people around me, I found out that a certain individual is always present wherever I am. Scanning the memories I have with days where I discover the missing money's, this made me think of a suspect. However, you can't be able to confront somebody if you don't have the proof or evidence pointing out and backing up what you are to say. So this gave me a decision to make a move.

One day, wherein I’m already feed up of the religiously act of the offender, I then decided and took the initiative to leave my cell phone with a cam, and let the video roll while I hid it on an area where no one can see. Maybe you're thinking why I'd leaved my cell phone. What if that will be the thing the culprit well get instead of the money. Incidents gave me idea of leaving my cell phone because the culprit doesn't have the intention of getting any materials aside from peso bills. If he’ll be taking the gadgets like my cell phone, he could be easily be identified. That made me settle on to leave the cell phone in my office.

When I leave the phone rolling, I made it sure that everything are on its place so I will know if something is missing and that the evidence is clear enough to support my suspicion.

And thank God, because of the gadget, I then discover who the culprit is. He can’t be able to deny the factual truth that was shown in front of his eyes, because he was caught in the act.

The incident made me realize that gadgets like CCTV’s and other technology would help us when they’re use properly. That an office or anywhere, a device, especially those that are into protecting ones life and put to record the necessary events to be use as a proof or evidence, could be able to save and solve cases such as my case, determining who’s the perpetrator who stole the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment